sweet, rich caramelized acorn squash with a vibrant walnut & pomegranate gremolata
1. In a small saucepan, combine the apple cider, honey, soy sauce, and sprig of rosemary. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes until syrupy and glaze-like.
2. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425F.
3. Toss the acorn squash in a large bowl and drizzle in a light coating of oil.
4. Once the glaze has thickened, add it to the squash. Toss well. Spread the squash out onto a foil-lined sheet pan in one, even layer. Season the squash with a pinch of salt.
5. Roast for about 25 minutes, or until caramelized and tender.
6. Remove the squash from the oven and transfer to a platter. Spoon all of the glaze over top. Garnish with a generous amount of the walnut & pomegranate gremolata.
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine the parsley, oregano, lemon zest, lemon juice, toasted walnuts, and pomegranate seeds.
2. Toss until well-mixed.