And just like that, it’s time to start planning our New Year’s menus! I’d say there’s nothing better to plan on making than this spinach artichoke dip with scallion relish. It’s the creamiest, cheesiest, perfectly flavored artichoke dip served with a really bright, vibrant, herby topping. Entertaining perfection!
Can you believe we are just about done with 2018!? It has been such an amazing year with so much delicious food, and I cannot wait to see what the new year brings. I’ve been reflecting on all of the good things that have come my way for The Original Dish over these past 12 months, and I want to say a HUGE thank you to all of you readers! Whether you read on a daily basis or maybe just pop in occasionally, your support means the world to me, and I hope that I’ve been able to fill your kitchens with lots of beautiful food.
I’ve just started to plan for a ton of exciting, fresh, healthy recipes to start the year off right…so let me know if there’s anything you’d like to see! So far I’ve gotten some awesome responses over on Instagram – hearty soups & stews, easy savory dishes, healthy salads, seafood, warm & comforting recipes, and Indian food to name a few. LOVING all of these ideas.
And now moving on to this spinach artichoke dip. Because before we go into health mode, there’s still New Year’s to celebrate!!
So I know there are a lot of spinach artichoke dip recipes out there, but there’s just something about this one that makes it extra good. For one, I’m using really simple, good ingredients that keep this dip nice and fresh. Yet it’s rich in flavor with a pop of cayenne pepper and garlic. There’s three different cheeses (mozzarella, fontina, and parmesan), which are all very much needed. And overall it’s just a delicious, satisfying dip that everyone will love.
Also! Instead of throwing some scallions into the dip, I’ve pulled them out and turned them into a show-stopping topping. It’s a simple mixture of scallions, parsley, lemon juice, and lemon zest. So tangy and vibrant. And when spooned over the decadent, creamy spinach artichoke dip?
I really hope you get to try this to end the holiday season on the best possible note!Print
Spinach Artichoke Dip with Scallion Relish
the best ever simple spinach artichoke dip with a bright, tangy scallion relish
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 (14 oz) cans quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 6 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 oz fontina cheese, shredded
- 2 oz fresh spinach
- crackers, to serve
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon zest
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 9” cast-iron skillet with a light coating of oil.
- Combine the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, salt, cayenne pepper, and parmesan cheese in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Pat the artichoke hearts completely dry and roughly chop each quarter into 3-4 pieces. Fold the artichokes into the mayonnaise mixture.
- Add the mozzarella cheese, fontina cheese, and spinach to the bowl. Fold all the ingredients together (I find it easiest to wear a pair of gloves and use your hands).
- Spread the dip into the skillet and flatten it into one, even layer. Bake for 25 minutes, until bubbling and slightly golden. Serve with the scallion relish on top and crackers on the side for dipping.
- Combine the scallions, parsley, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a bowl.
- Mix until incorporated and serve on top or alongside the dip.
This dip is also amazing served with toasted bread!