A spicy grilled shrimp salad to bring some fun, fiery flavor to your kitchen this summer! Juicy, spiced shrimp grilled until charred and tender, mixed with sweet grilled pineapple, arugula, creamy avocado, shaved radishes, cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil. Everything is drizzled with a charred jalapeño lime vinaigrette. It’s summer in a bowl with a little kick and lots of fresh ingredients.
This post is sponsored by Spice Tribe.
I am beyond excited to bring you another series of recipes using Spice Tribe spices! Throughout last year, I used all of their freshly ground spice blends in different recipes – some of my favorites being these moroccan chicken meatballs, grilled fish tacos, and vinegar glazed roasted potatoes!
The spices are so unique and so flavorful. I’ve simply loved using them and being inspired to create recipes with influences from different cuisines. I’ll be continuing with more exciting recipes using the blends this year, as well as experimenting with their new single origin spices.
Get ready for LOTS of flavor and inspiration. Starting with this spicy grilled shrimp salad that uses California Love – an all-purpose chile blend of california chile, cumin, coriander, garlic, onion, oregano, and bay leaf.
spicy grilled shrimp salad – the details
grilled shrimp & pineapple – I love the sweet & spicy combo of these two ingredients. You’ll quickly marinate the shrimp in the spice blend for just 30 minutes and then give them a quick char on the grill. Shrimp cooks extremely fast, so keep an eye on them and they’ll be done in no time. You’ll also slice up some pineapple and throw it onto the grill as well. The pineapple caramelizes and becomes extra sweet, giving lots of depth to the salad.
jalapeño lime vinaigrette – It’s a flavor-packed dressing for the fresh salad, full of charred jalapeño for some good spice, lots of lime, red wine vinegar, garlic, and a little honey for sweetness.
fresh summer produce – I’m using arugula as the base, but you can use any mixed greens you’d like. Some sweet cherry tomatoes, creamy avocado, sharp radish, and garden basil add a summery burst to every bite. I kept things pretty simple, but any summer vegetables or herbs would be great tossed into this salad.
Perfect as a lunch or even a light dinner. I’d say the recipe serves 2 people as a “main meal” salad or 4 people as a side dish. You can of course double or cut the recipe down if needed. Enjoy!Print
Spicy Grilled Shrimp Salad with Jalapeño Lime Vinaigrette
a fresh, spicy grilled shrimp salad with arugula, grilled pineapple, avocado, cherry tomatoes, and jalapeño lime vinaigrette
- 1 lb peeled + deveined shrimp
- vegetable oil
- kosher salt
- 2 tbsp California Love chile spice blend
- 1 jalapeño
- ½ pineapple, peeled + cut into ¼” planks
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 oz baby arugula
- 4 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, peeled + cut
- 2 small radishes, shaved thin
- 6 basil leaves, torn
- lime wedges, for serving
- Place the shrimp into a mixing bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of oil, 1 tablespoon of kosher salt, and the chile spice blend. Toss well. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Transfer the bowl to room temperature and let sit for 10 minutes before grilling.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill over high heat. Coat the jalapeño and pineapple slices with a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt. Grill both for a few minutes until charred on all sides and tender. Remove from the grill. Peel the jalapeno and remove the stem. Chop it finely. Dice the pineapple, removing any hard core sections.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the lime juice, lime zest, red wine vinegar, honey, and garlic. Drizzle in the oil, whisking continuously. Season with a pinch of salt to taste. Set aside.
- When the shrimp is ready, place it onto the grill and cook for a couple of minutes on each side until charred and pink. Allow to cool for a few minutes before assembling the salad.
- Add the arugula, cherry tomatoes, avocado, radish, basil, pineapple, and shrimp to the bowl of vinaigrette. Toss well. Taste and season with more salt if needed. Serve immediately with lime wedges on the side.