A Christmas appetizer worth swooning over – pear & prosciutto ricotta tart with a rosemary honey butter sauce and pecans. The Prosciutto di Parma is the absolute star, pairing so well with the buttery pastry and sweet pears. I can’t think of a better combination of flavors and textures to start off a holiday meal on the very tastiest note!
WEEK OF CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAYS DAY 3! If you missed yesterday’s post, I’ve teamed up with some of my favorite brands whose products I use in my kitchen to make beautiful meals all year long. We’ll be giving away some very exciting gifts all week, so make sure to tune in each and every day to stay up to date!
Today, I’m working with my friends over at Prosciutto di Parma to bring you this DELICIOUS pear & prosciutto ricotta tart, plus a chance to win some prosciutto for the holidays!!
There aren’t even words to describe how good this pear & prosciutto ricotta tart is! It’s my ideal Christmas appetizer – sweet and savory flavors, extremely stunning presentation, and very easy to make.
We’re taking some help from store-bought puff pastry so that this tart comes together effortlessly with very minimal effort. You’ll spread the ricotta onto the dough, top with thinly sliced pears, fold the edges, bake until golden, drizzle with a quick honey butter sauce, pop it back in the oven, and finish with lots of sweet pecans, fried rosemary, and of course…the Prosciutto di Parma!
Delicate, savory prosciutto always pairs with sweet ingredients really well, so the pears are a perfect seasonal match. It’s just the most wonderful combo and really couldn’t be better for the holidays!
For all the details on how to enter the giveaway, head over to Instagram. We’ll be giving away $100 worth of Prosciutto di Parma & a beautiful wooden cutting/charcuterie board to one lucky winner (for all your upcoming holiday celebrations!). For a bonus entry, make sure to leave a comment on this blog post below!
And stay tuned for the next giveaway tomorrow!Print
Pear & Prosciutto Ricotta Tart
the easiest, yet most beautiful puff pastry tart with ricotta cheese, sweet pears, honey butter, rosemary, pecans, and Prosciutto di Parma
- 1 (14 oz) sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 8 oz whole milk ricotta cheese
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 large pear, thinly sliced
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp cream (or milk)
- 1 tsp anise (or fennel) seeds
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 8 thin slices Prosciutto di Parma
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper. Unfold the puff pastry into a rectangle. Spread the ricotta cheese evenly onto the dough, leaving a 1” border. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Arrange the sliced pears over the ricotta. Drizzle with olive oil and season again. Fold the edges of dough over the pears and pinch the corners together. Combine the egg yolk and cream in a small bowl. Brush this egg wash onto the border of dough. Sprinkle the anise seeds onto the border.
- Bake the tart for 25 minutes on the middle rack of the oven. Meanwhile, melt the butter over medium heat in a small saucepan. Add the rosemary sprig. Drop the heat to medium-low and continue to cook until the butter is lightly browned and the rosemary is crisp. Remove and reserve the rosemary. Turn off the heat and whisk in the honey.
- Remove the tart from the oven and drizzle 2 tablespoons of the honey mixture over top. Bake again for 10 minutes, or until golden and caramelized. Stir the pecans into the remaining honey mixture.
- Transfer the tart to a cutting board. Let cool for a minute or so. Top with the slices of Prosciutto di Parma. Spoon the pecans over top and garnish with the fried rosemary leaves. Cut into pieces and serve immediately.
shop the dish: pear & prosciutto ricotta tart