Super Bowl ready with these honey buffalo chicken wings! An easy chicken wing recipe to kickstart your game day feast in the most delicious way. The wings are lightly coated in cornmeal & smoked paprika, baked up until golden and crisp, tossed in a sweet & spicy honey buffalo sauce, then topped with lots of scallions and a little parsley. These wings come together so easily and will be devoured in minutes!
Looking back through the site, I realized the only chicken wings I’ve ever shared are these sweet orange chili glazed chicken wings (which are absolutely DELICIOUS), but it was time to add another recipe to the mix!
And just in time for Super Bowl Sunday, I give you cornmeal-crusted honey buffalo chicken wings!
honey buffalo chicken wings – the details
These chicken wings are really simple to make and cooked completely in the oven so your game day can be as fun and stress-free as possible. You’ll quickly coat the wings in a light dusting of cornmeal, smoked paprika, and salt. They go right onto a sheet pan (you’ll want to layer the sheet pan with a rack so that the heat can circulate around the wings and crisp them on all sides as they cook) and into the oven. Bake for just 35 minutes, and you’ve got golden, delicious wings ready to go.
A quick sweet & spicy sauce gets combined on the stovetop – a combo of hot buffalo sauce, honey, apple cider vinegar, and butter. Whisked up until silky smooth and then used to dip the chicken wings into right out of the oven. You could also drizzle the sauce on if you don’t want them absolutely smothered.
The key? Eat these wings immediately so they’re as fresh and crisp as possible. AND top with lots of fresh scallions, parsley, and an extra drizzle of honey for a bright finish. Enjoy!!
If you’re looking for more Super Bowl recipes, here are a few favorites:Print
Honey Buffalo Chicken Wings
cornmeal-crusted chicken wings baked until golden and crisp, then tossed in a sweet & spicy honey buffalo sauce
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 cup finely ground cornmeal
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- olive oil
- 1 (12 oz) bottle hot buffalo sauce (approximately 1 ½ cups)
- ¼ cup honey, plus more to drizzle
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- ranch, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Prepare a sheet pan with a baking rack over top.
- Place the chicken wings in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle in the cornmeal, salt, and smoked paprika. Toss well to coat the wings really well (make sure to get all the crevices). Place the wings onto the rack in an even layer, tucking in the wing tips so they’re not sticking out. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Lower the oven heat to 400°F. Bake for another 20 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the hot buffalo sauce, honey, butter, and apple cider vinegar in a saucepan over low heat. Heat until the butter is melted, whisking to combine, then turn off the heat.
- When the wings come out of the oven, dip each one into the buffalo sauce (alternatively, drizzle the sauce over top). Serve immediately, with an extra drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of scallions and parsley. Place a bowl of ranch on the side.
I used whole wings when making this recipe to keep the prep really simple. If you prefer, you can cut off the little wing tips before baking.