a refreshing and elegant radicchio melon salad with salty prosciutto & a semi-sweet poppy seed vinaigrette
1. Toast the poppy seeds in a sauté pan over low heat until fragrant, about 4-5 minutes. Let cool.
2. Combine the white wine vinegar and honey in a small mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Slowly drizzle in the oil, whisking until emulsified.
3. Stir in the salt and poppy seeds. Set aside.
1. Start to peel the leaves off the radicchio. When you aren’t able to peel any more, trim a bit more off the end. Continue until all of the leaves are peeled.
2. Cut the leaves in half. Place the leaves in a bowl and cover with cold water. Let soak for about 15 minutes to remove some of the bitterness. Drain and dry the leaves well before arranging them on a large salad plate.
3. Drizzle some of the poppy seed vinaigrette over top.
4. Toss the melon with the remaining vinaigrette (or use some and save any leftover vinaigrette for another use). Add the melon on top of the radicchio. Arrange the prosciutto on top of the melon.
5. Garnish with the watercress, a pinch of flaky sea salt, the chives and blossoms, and a drizzle of hazelnut oil (or olive oil).