a creamy, healthy simple pea soup with tangy yogurt and fresh chives. it’s the perfect light start to a summer meal
1. Heat a medium-sized, heavy-bottom pot over medium heat. Add the butter and olive oil.
2. Once the butter has melted, add the shallot. Sauté for about 5 minutes until tender and slightly caramelized. Season with a pinch of salt.
3. Stir in the peas and vegetable stock. Bring the liquid to a simmer. Let simmer for about 20 minutes or so until the peas are tender and the liquid has slightly reduced.
4. Ladle the soup into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy, about 90 seconds.
5. Add the spinach, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, salt, coriander, and chives. Continue to blend until incorporated. Taste the soup and season with more salt if needed.
6. Strain the soup and serve immediately. Garnish with the pistachios, more chives, microgreens, and a drizzle of olive oil.