creamy, lemony hummus topped with lots of grilled vegetables, marinated tomatoes and cucumbers, fresh herbs, and pita chips
1. Place the red peppers on the grill and let blacken on all sides. Coat the eggplant slices, green onions, and whole carrots with a generous amount of olive oil, season with salt, and grill on all sides until slightly charred and tender.
2. Remove all the vegetables.
3. Place the red peppers in a bowl and cover with foil for about 10 minutes to soften the skin. Peel the blackened skins off each red pepper, leaving the soft flesh. Sliced the peppers into strips.
4. Roughly chop the green onions.
5. In a small bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and parsley. Stir in enough olive oil just to coat the ingredients. Season with salt to taste. Set aside.
1. Add the drained garbanzo beans, garlic, and toasted sesame seeds to a food processor. Pulse until combined.
2. With the processor running, slowly add the garbanzo bean liquid, lemon juice, and olive oil. Process until creamy and smooth.
3. Season with salt to taste. Add more lemon juice or olive oil if needed.
4. Serve the hummus in a large bowl or platter. Arrange the grilled vegetables over top and spoon the tomato and cucumber salad onto the hummus.
5. Add the radishes and pita chips around the platter for dipping. Garnish with the oregano leaves, cilantro flowers, and more olive oil if desired.