sweet and sticky orange chili glazed chicken wings
1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Spread the chicken wings out onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle enough oil over top to coat the wings well and season them with a sprinkle of salt. Evenly distribute the garlic powder and Korean chili flakes over the wings. Toss well.
2. Spread the wings back out onto the baking sheet in an even layer. Bake the wings for 10 minutes.
3. Start the sauce by combining the orange juice, water, honey, and red chili paste in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and let cook until thickened.
4. Fill a shallow, heavy-bottom pot with oil about ½ way to the top. Heat over medium heat until the oil reaches 350F.
5. When done, remove the wings from the oven. Cool slightly.
6. Working in batches, fry the wings until golden and crisp. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the wings to a paper-towel lined tray. Once some of the oil has soaked into the paper towels, immediately transfer the wings to a large mixing bowl.
7. Pour the sauce into the mixing bowl and toss until the wings are fully coated.
8. Garnish the wings with sliced green onions.