a simple piece of seared salmon with a sweet, tangy corn & blueberry salsa
1. Combine the shaved shallots, red fresno peppers, blueberries, and corn kernels in a mixing bowl.
2. Stir in the vinegar and olive oil until fully incorporated.
3. Mix in the garlic chives, tarragon, and salt.
4. Let sit for about 30 minutes at room temperature to marinate.
1. Let the salmon sit out at room temperature for about 15 minutes. Season with a generous pinch of salt on both sides.
2. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add enough oil to evenly coat the bottom.
3. When the oil is hot, place the salmon skin-side down into the pan. Cook for about 4-5 minutes, or until the skin is crisped.
4. Gently flip the salmon. Finish cooking the salmon for 3-4 minutes, or to 125F, for medium rare.
5. Transfer the salmon to a plate and let rest for 8 minutes.
6. Serve the salmon on a bed of arugula with the corn & blueberry salsa over top.