a warming butternut squash dal with coconut rice & a tangy cilantro mint sauce
1. Combine the rice, water, coconut milk, and coconut oil in a heavy-bottom pot.
2. Bring to a boil, stirring well. Lower the heat to a simmer and cover the pot.
3. Cook the rice for 15 minutes.
4. Turn the heat off. Let sit for 10 minutes.
5. Remove the cover and use a fork to “fluff” the rice. Stir in the lime juice and season with salt to taste. Keep warm until serving.
1. Meanwhile, combine the cilantro, mint, olive oil, and lime juice in a bowl.
2. Stir well and set aside.
1. Squeeze the dal out of the pouches into a saucepan over medium-low heat.
2. Bring the dal to a gentle simmer, stirring often.
3. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt and lime juice.
4. Once the dal is hot, assemble the bowls by spooning a large mound of coconut rice into the bottom of each bowl. Spoon a little bit of yogurt on top of the rice.
5. Top the yogurt with the dal. Add a generous drizzle of the cilantro mint sauce over top.
6. Garnish with cilantro leaves and shaved radishes.