thick, chewy brown butter harvest cookies full of toasted pecans, salted pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries & oats
yield: 12 cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Allow the butter to simmer for 5-6 minutes until brown and nutty. Turn off the heat and let cool. Strain the butter to remove any dark particles and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a mixing bowl.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the dark brown sugar, granulated sugar, and cooled melted butter. Beat the ingredients using a paddle attachment on medium speed. Once the sugars and butter are well-combined, mix in one egg at a time until incorporated. Add the vanilla.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients, mixing until smooth (use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed).
6. Lastly, stir in the pecans, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, and oats on the lowest setting.
7. Use a 2-ounce ice cream scoop (roughly ¼ cup of dough) to drop each cookie onto a baking sheet, leaving 2 inches of space between each one.
8. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes until brown and just cooked through. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let cool slightly. Eat warm or continue to cool the cookies completely.