a simple bean salad tossed in a tangy, nutty parmesan vinaigrette
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a heaping tablespoon of salt to the pot.
2. Add the snap peas to the water. Blanch for 2 minutes. Prepare a large bowl of ice water. Strain the snap peas and add them to the ice water. Let cool for 1 minute. Drain the snap peas and set aside, patting with paper towels to dry.
3. Repeat with the yellow beans, blanching for 3 minutes.
4. Repeat with the green beans, blanching for 3 minutes.
5. Repeat with the carrots, blanching for 3 minutes.
6. Once all of the vegetables are fully dry, add them to a large mixing bowl.
1. Meanwhile, combine the white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, and grated parmesan cheese in a food processor. Pulse until well combined.
2. With the food processor running, slowly drizzle in both oils until emulsified. Season with the salt.
3. Toss the vegetables with half of the vinaigrette. Add more vinaigrette until the vegetables are well-coated. Reserve any extra vinaigrette for a later use if needed.
4. Season the salad with freshly cracked black pepper and more salt (if needed) to taste. Plate the salad and use a microplane to freshly grate the chunk of parmesan cheese over top.