- Combine the shallot, chile pepper, garlic, parsley, and basil in the food processor.
- Pulse until finely chopped.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and stir in the scallions, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and salt. Set aside until ready to serve.
Scallops with Sautéed Corn
- Gently tear the small side muscle off of each scallop. Let the scallops sit out at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Add the diced bacon to a large skillet over medium heat. Allow the bacon to cook for about 3 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and continue to render the bacon for about 10 minutes longer, or until crisp.
- Transfer the bacon to a plate, leaving the bacon fat in the skillet. Raise the heat to medium-high and add the corn. Season well with a generous pinch of salt and lots of freshly cracked black pepper. Sauté until golden and tender, just a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large stainless-steel pan over medium heat. Add enough oil to just coat the bottom. Season the scallops with a good pinch of salt. Place the scallops into the hot oil. Cook until golden and crisp on one side, about 2 minutes.
- Flip the scallops and finish cooking for just another minute on the other side.
- Transfer the corn to a large plate. Place the scallops on top and garnish with the bacon. Spoon the chimichurri over the entire dish.