Your Christmas dessert table NEEDS these dark chocolate truffles, don’t you think?
What’s more festive than homemade dark chocolate truffles?!
I’m so very excited about these because they are extremely easy to make (only two ingredients) and make any holiday gathering just a little bit more magical. I love making these all season long. They’re fun, beautiful, and insanely delicious.
So rich. So creamy. So versatile with the toppings. You will love them. Try them out at your next holiday party and then maybe serve them up alongside all of your other Christmas desserts! I think they’d go perfectly with these crinkle cookies…Print
Holiday Dark Chocolate Truffles
easy holiday dark chocolate truffles rolled in festive toppings
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- toppings: toasted nuts, raw sugar, cocoa powder
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until just simmering.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl and pour the hot cream over top. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the chocolate and cream together until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and salt. Pour the mixture into a shallow dish and chill for 35 minutes.
- Use a small ice cream scoop or two spoons to portion the mixture into bite-size portions, roughly 1 ½ ounces each. Wearing gloves, roll each portion between your hands to form a round, even ball. Place the truffles onto a plate.
- Prepare a small bowl of each of your toppings. Roll the truffles in the toppings. For the nuts and sugar, you’ll want to pack them so they stick. For the cocoa powder, you’ll want to shake off any excess.
- Store the truffles on a plate in the refrigerate. Let the truffles sit at room temperature for about 15-30 minutes before serving.