Sharing a “cinco de mayo feast” inspired menu today – fun recipes, a full grocery list, a cooking timeline, and more!
If you missed it, last week I rolled out the very first menu (game night at home) here on the blog. I’m hoping this new series of menus will be a source of entertaining and holiday inspiration, a tool for executing cooking for larger groups of people, and for now…a fun way to occupy your time at home.
With everyone still sheltered in place through the end of May, I know we could all use something fun to look forward to each week. Hopefully these menus will give you just that.
And since we’ve got cinco de mayo coming up this week, today I’m bringing you a simple mexican feast!
This menu serves 4, but can easily be modified if you’re cooking for more or less people. I’d also whip up some classic margaritas to really complete the feast!
This cinco de mayo feast is made up of a unique salsa & simple dip to eat with lots of tortilla chips, plus vibrant shrimp tacos as the main event. It’s pretty healthy, slightly indulgent, and extremely delicious.
Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Lime Yogurt Sauce
the kitchen plan…
Let’s say you want to start your feast by 7pm.
- 5:30pm: Gather/organize all of your ingredients & wash any produce.
- 5:35pm: Make the salsa. While the peppers roast/cool, whip up the lime yogurt sauce for the tacos. Refrigerate the salsa and sauce until ready to serve.
- 6:10pm: Start the cheesy bean dip (prepare it all the way up to adding the cheese and set the skillet aside). While the mixture is simmering, marinate the shrimp.
- 6:40pm: Char the tortillas over an open flame. Transfer them to a plate and cover with foil.
- 6:45pm: Make the avocado topping for the tacos.
- 6:55pm: Saute the shrimp. Meanwhile, add the cheese to the top of the dip and broil.
- 7pm: Serve! Remove the dip from the oven. Bring the salsa and tortilla chips out. Serve the tortillas with the shrimp, avocado topping, and lime yogurt sauce alongside to build your own tacos.
Note: Both the salsa and the lime yogurt sauce can be made the day before and reserved in the fridge.
the grocery list…
Grocery List, Cinco de Mayo Feast
shop the menu: cinco de mayo feast
I hope you absolutely love this cinco de mayo menu. Stay tuned for next week’s movie night themed meal, and be sure to send in any menu requests you have! Would love to hear your feedback and ideas.