The most ideal way to use up the end of summer peaches – turn them into a sweet & simple almond peach crumble. A rustic, satisfying dessert.
Oh how I love this almond peach crumble. It’s perfectly sweet, hinted with almond flavor, and topped with the most addicting almond streusel. Juicy peaches hidden under a layer of crispy, buttery topping. Baked until golden and bubbling. The smell is intoxicating…and the taste is even better.
The market right now is full of all the end of summer gems + the first signs of fall, and I am absolutely loving it. It’s truly my favorite time of year, and I’ve been so inspired in the kitchen lately. Peaches have made an appearance in this appetizer, but I’ve definitely been craving them in a decadent dessert.
This crumble is simple, yet so dreamy and delicious. It’s also honestly just too easy not to make. Enjoy it while the peaches last!!Print
Almond Peach Crumble
sweet and bubbling almond peach crumble with vanilla ice cream
¾ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup finely chopped almonds
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp granulated sugar
¼ tsp kosher salt
1 stick chilled butter, cubed
2 ½ lbs sliced peaches
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
¼ tsp kosher salt
1 tsp almond extract
vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine the flour, almonds, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the butter and use a pastry cutter to “cut” it into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs (you can also just use your fingers for this step and rub the butter together with the other ingredients until crumbly). Set aside.
- Add the sliced peaches to a large mixing bowl, along with the brown sugar, granulated sugar, cornstarch, salt, and almond extract. Stir well to combine, making sure no lumps of sugar or cornstarch are left.
- Pour the peach mixture into a greased 12” skillet. Spread out evenly. Sprinkle the flour mixture over top. Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes or so before serving. Serve the crumble in bowls with ice cream scooped over top. Sprinkle with extra almonds, if desired.