Sharing the BEST way to use up the juicy late summer peaches today – by making peaches & prosciutto with creamy ricotta. An indulgent, satisfying, and oh so tasty dish. Finished with golden croutons and a drizzle of lemony hazelnut butter. Definitely a splurge-worthy summer recipe for the long holiday weekend!
One of the most popular recipes on the blog are these seared scallops with mascarpone & hazelnut butter. They are amazing, yet very simple. I think what makes them so good is the mix of rich scallops with the bright, lemony sauce. It’s the perfect contrast of flavor.
I decided to take that same topping, and give it another use. It’s too good to only have a place in one recipe. So, “peaches & prosciutto” was born. Ripe, juicy peaches, salty prosciutto, crispy torn croutons, a base of ricotta cheese, and the lemony hazelnut butter drizzled right over top…
Same sort of flavor contrast…and it is simply & beautifully DELICIOUS.Print
Peaches & Prosciutto with Creamy Ricotta
juicy peaches & salty prosciutto with torn croutons, creamy ricotta cheese, and lemony hazelnut butter
- 1/3 cup raw hazelnuts
- 4 oz sourdough bread
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- 8 oz whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2–3 ripe peaches, sliced into wedges
- 3 oz very thinly sliced prosciutto
- flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spread the hazelnuts out onto a sheet pan. Roast for 6-8 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and let cool just slightly. Use a kitchen towel to rub the skins off the hazelnuts. Discard the skins. Roughly chop the nuts and set side.
- Tear the bread into rustic, bite-size pieces. Add enough olive oil to a skillet to come up the sides about 1/8 of an inch. Heat the oil over medium heat. Once hot and shimmering, add the bread. Stir continuously as the bread toasts on all sides. Cook until golden brown and crisp, lowering the heat if needed. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the croutons to a plate lined with paper towels. Immediately season with a good pinch of salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk the ricotta cheese with 1 tsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Spread the ricotta cheese onto the bottom of a large plate and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Once the butter is bubbling, toss in the hazelnuts. Let the hazelnuts sizzle for a few seconds. Stir in the lemon juice and lemon zest. Turn off the heat.
- Arrange the peaches over the ricotta, then place the prosciutto in the empty spaces. Scatter the croutons on top and drizzle the hazelnut butter to finish. Season with some flaky sea salt.