A Christmas appetizer worth swooning over – pear & prosciutto ricotta tart with a rosemary honey butter sauce and pecans. The Prosciutto di Parma is the absolute star, pairing so well with the buttery pastry and sweet pears. I can’t think of a better combination of flavors and textures to start off a holiday meal on the very tastiest note!
There aren’t even words to describe how good this pear & prosciutto ricotta tart is! It’s my ideal Christmas appetizer – sweet and savory flavors, extremely stunning presentation, and very easy to make.
We’re taking some help from store-bought puff pastry so that this tart comes together effortlessly with very minimal effort. You’ll spread the ricotta onto the dough, top with thinly sliced pears, fold the edges, bake until golden, drizzle with a quick honey butter sauce, pop it back in the oven, and finish with lots of sweet pecans, fried rosemary, and of course…the Prosciutto di Parma!
Delicate, savory prosciutto always pairs with sweet ingredients really well, so the pears are a perfect seasonal match. It’s just the most wonderful combo and really couldn’t be better for the holidays!
If you need a beautiful crowd-pleasing holiday appetizer that is surely to impress…this is it. Enjoy!!Print
Pear & Prosciutto Ricotta Tart
the easiest, yet most beautiful puff pastry tart with ricotta cheese, sweet pears, honey butter, rosemary, pecans, and prosciutto di parma
- 1 (14 oz) sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 8 oz whole milk ricotta cheese
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 large pear, thinly sliced
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp cream (or milk)
- 1 tsp anise (or fennel) seeds
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 large sprig fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 8 thin slices prosciutto di parma
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper. Unfold the puff pastry into a rectangle. Spread the ricotta cheese evenly onto the dough, leaving a 1” border. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Arrange the sliced pears over the ricotta. Drizzle with olive oil and season again. Fold the edges of dough over the pears and pinch the corners together. Combine the egg yolk and cream in a small bowl. Brush this egg wash onto the border of dough. Sprinkle the anise seeds onto the border.
- Bake the tart for 30 minutes on the middle rack of the oven. Meanwhile, melt the butter over medium heat in a small saucepan. Add the rosemary sprig. Drop the heat to medium-low and continue to cook until the butter is lightly browned and the rosemary is crisp. Remove and reserve the rosemary. Turn off the heat and whisk in the honey.
- Remove the tart from the oven and drizzle 2 tablespoons of the honey mixture over top. Bake again for 10 minutes, or until golden and caramelized. Stir the pecans into the remaining honey mixture.
- Transfer the tart to a cutting board. Let cool for a minute or so. Top with the slices of prosciutto. Spoon the pecans over top and garnish with the fried rosemary leaves. Cut into pieces and serve immediately.
shop the dish: pear & prosciutto ricotta tart
59 thoughts on “Pear & Prosciutto Ricotta Tart”
I just made this today and it was incredibly delicious. This is one of the best things I have ever made. Can’t wait to make it for a party or brunch.
a wonderful presentation, love the ingredients and can’t wait to try it out
This looks so amazing! Going to try it Sunday!
That salty sweet combo! Can’t wait to try out this recipe!
Okay this is going to be a dinner party hit! ??
Omg I don’t think I can wait until Christmas for this one. ?
I was looking for something special to serve on Christmas Eve – this will be perfect !! Sounds wonderful !
Can’t wait to try this! The perfect pair (no pun intended).
You haven’t led me astray yet….this looks amazing
This looks amazing. I always find puff pastry a little intimidating but this looks pretty foolproof.
This looks heavenly.
This looks delicious! I am going to try it as an app on Christmas Day!
Looks soo good! Not a big fan of pears though, I’m wondering if I could try making it with apples instead?
If those doesn’t scream Christmas Day brunch, I don’t know what does. SO DREAMY
You had me at “rosemary honey butter sauce”
Oh goodness, this looks epic!
This looks amazing! Can’t wait to try it out ☺️
Prosciutto, pear, and ricotta, can’t go wrong here!!
Looks amazing! I’ll have to make of ai can get my hands on some prosciutto!
Looks so delicious! Can’t wait to make this for Christmas?
Yum! Love how seasonal this is. Will be making!
Yum! I’ve added this to my must try list!
What would be a good replacement for the nuts in this recipe? Or just leave them off?
Sweet and salty is always a winning combo!
Looks deeelish and easy to make! A win-win in my book!!
You and your instagram page have inspired me to keep up with my cooking and to truly stick with my dream of having my own restaurant. Can’t wait to try this for Christmas Eve!
Yum! This looks delicious!
So delicious looking. Definitely will make this very soon.
Looks delicious must try this recipe ?
Yum, i need this now!
This looks absolutely delicious!
My mouth is watering! I need this in my life!
Adding this recipe to my Italian Christmas menu!!! Yummmmm!
Inspired to make this, may even make my own pastry dough ?
Favorite flavor combo!
Wow! This Looks amazing. Can’t wait to make this!
This looks phenomenal, can’t wait to try it!
Interesting combination. Looking forward to trying this.
This definitely will be a future tradition!
This looks so good! ?
This looks incredible! I’m excited to give it a try and it looks like the perfect way to elevate store bought puff pastry! Delicious flavor combinations!!
This!! Wow, what an amazing pic of an amazing tart
Pears and Prosciutto!! The perfect match ?
I will be making this over the weekend! Wow! Thank you for the inspiration
If it tastes as good as it looks I’m in trouble!
I cannot wait to make this!!
Be still my heart! This beauty needs to make its way into my mouth!!!
My son and I will be making this for my grandparents who have been cooped up for months.
This looks so dreamy ?
Oh my! YUMMM!
This looks delicious
perfect christmas appetizer! so excited to make this
YUUUUUM i have to try this!!!
YUMMM I willl be making this on Christmas Eve!
Yumm! Sounds delish!
Cannot wait to try this app, looks stunning
YUUUUUUM i have to try this!!!