Making spicy shrimp tacos today to bring a little freshness to our week! These tacos are beyond simple, but packed with so much bright, bold, vibrant flavor. Spiced and sauteed shrimp, a fresh avocado salsa with chiles and cilantro, and a zesty lime yogurt sauce. They’re healthy and come together really quickly. The best way to spice up any weeknight!
spicy shrimp tacos…the details
When I say these tacos are easy, they really are. The recipe is a perfect combo of flavorful ingredients + simple technique. All we’re doing here is combining the shrimp with a slightly spicy, smoky blend of spices – coriander, chipotle powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and salt – plus some lime juice and letting them marinate for just a few minutes before cooking.
While the shrimp sits, you’ll combine avocados, very thinly shaved radishes, chiles, cilantro, and a little more lime juice. The perfect tangy topping for the shrimp tacos that also packs in a little bit more heat with the chile peppers.
All of the heat needs to be balanced with a really refreshing sauce. A combo of yogurt, lime, and honey does just the trick. Pile everything onto charred tortillas and you’re good to go.
To easily char the tortillas: turn a stovetop burner on to medium heat and place each tortilla right onto the flame for just a few seconds until slightly charred and soft, flipping once. You can also just warm the tortillas in a skillet or microwave if you’d like.
I’m really excited for you to try these spicy shrimp tacos! Make them any day of the week or invite some friends over for a taco night! Make a big batch of guacamole and maybe even elevate the meal with this festive mexican vegetable salad.Print
Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Lime Yogurt Sauce
fresh & spicy shrimp tacos in corn tortillas with avocado, radish, cilantro, and a zesty lime yogurt sauce
yield: 8 tacos
Spicy Shrimp Tacos
- 1 lb peeled + deveined shrimp
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 limes
- 2 avocados, peeled + diced
- 4 small radishes, thinly shaved
- 2 chile peppers, thinly sliced (red fresno or serrano)
- ⅓ cup packed cilantro leaves
- 8 corn or flour tortillas, charred over an open flame
Lime Yogurt Sauce
- 8 oz greek yogurt
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Combine the shrimp, coriander, chipotle powder, garlic powder, salt, and cayenne in a bowl. Squeeze in the juice of one of the limes. Mix well and let sit to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the diced avocados, radishes, chiles, and cilantro leaves in another bowl. Squeeze in the juice from the other lime. Mix well and season with a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat (you could do this on the stove or the grill). Add enough oil to the bottom. Once hot, add the shrimp and quickly saute until pink on both sides and fully cooked through.
- Assemble the tacos by placing a few of shrimp into each tortilla. Top with the avocado mixture and a drizzle of lime yogurt sauce (recipe below).
Lime Yogurt Sauce
- Combine the greek yogurt, lime zest, lime juice, honey, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk until smooth.
One thought on “Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Lime Yogurt Sauce”
Delicious, easy, and super pretty! I made the shrimp on the stovetop on a grill pan, and they were just divine. I love how simple this recipe was – I put it together and cleaned up in about 25 minutes, which is one of my best recipes yet. Well done!