Sharing a vibrant, healthy, comforting recipe today that could not be more perfect as we head into the fall season: Roasted Tomato Curry Noodles. In this dish, I’m using FarmtoFork™ Tomato Basil Sauce to add heaps of rich and delicious tomato flavor.
Last week I was invited to the Chicago launch dinner for FarmToFork, a new line of pasta sauces made with sustainably grown tomatoes, harvested from just two California family farms. The sauces are offered in four really beautiful varieties, crafted to complement a wide range of culinary uses.
To celebrate, we were served a seasonally inspired meal from Chef Dan Snowden at Bad Hunter (one of my favorite farm-to-table restaurants here in the city) and I was truly blown away by the unique use of the pasta sauces in each dish. In addition to sampling the sauces, we learned more about FarmToFork and their partnership with Big Green, a national nonprofit that brings hands-on, garden-based education programs to schools across the U.S. Through the partnership, FarmToFork provides resources to fund Learning Gardens, support agricultural education and provide business mentorship to students. Big Green is active in 200 schools in Chicago alone!
One of my favorite dishes that evening was these mini butter dumplings, served in a spicy tomato-ginger broth. The FarmToFork Tomato Basil Sauce worked perfectly with Thai flavors, proving how versatile this sauce really is. Be sure to look for it in a store near you.
Chef Dan’s creative use of pasta sauce inspired me to create a Thai-style dish of my own in the form of these Roasted Tomato Curry Noodles.
Cherry tomatoes, carrots and eggplant roasted until caramelized. Stirred into a curry sauce full of bold flavor – garlic, ginger, red chili, red curry paste, fish sauce and lime juice – and sweetened with FarmToFork Tomato Basil Sauce and creamy coconut milk. Brown rice noodles get cooked and then stirred into the pasta sauce at the very end. It’s saucy (almost soup-like), satisfying and so incredibly good.
There is nothing not to love about these noodles. It’s a really simple dish to throw together. Perfect for healthy weekday lunches and dinners, or for some cozy weekend comfort food…the very best mix of fresh + comforting.Print
Roasted Tomato Curry Noodles
saucy, healthy roasted tomato curry noodles…full of thai flavor, eggplant, carrots, and brown rice noodles
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch purple carrots, peeled and cut ½”
- 2 small eggplant, diced ½”
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- ½ lb brown rice noodles
- 1 (23.5 oz) jar Farm to Fork Tomato Basil Sauce
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 red fresno pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- sliced scallions, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spread the cherry tomatoes, carrots, and eggplant out onto two sheet pans. Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil over top. Toss well, and season with a pinch of salt. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the rice noodles and cook for 1 minute less than the package instructions. Drain and run under cold water. Set aside.
- Add the FarmtoFork Tomato Basil Sauce into a blender. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a heavy-bottom pot over medium heat. Add enough olive oil to coat the bottom. Add the shallots and red fresno pepper. Season with a pinch of salt. Cook until tender and caramelized. Stir in the garlic and ginger. Cook for another minute.
- Add a little bit more olive oil to the pot. Stir in the red curry paste. Let cook for a few seconds until fragrant. Add the blended tomato basil sauce, coconut milk, and water. Stir well and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the lime juice, fish sauce, roasted vegetables, and rice noodles. Let heat through. Serve in bowls with fresh basil leaves and sliced scallions over top.
This post is sponsored by FarmToFork. All opinions are my own. Thank you so much for supporting the brands I love!