If there’s one word to describe these vinegar glazed roasted potatoes, it’s magic. This is one of the easiest dishes, but the flavors and textures are absolutely irresistible. I’m so excited to add these to this year’s Thanksgiving table for something just a little bit different and oh so good!
Back with another recipe in collaboration with Spice Tribe! I’ve been so inspired working with their different spice blends, and I think this is the best recipe in the series so far. Last month I shared this autumn mezze platter full of bold middle eastern flavor (and perfect for entertaining), and now I’m using Mombacho Cafe (a Nicaraguan spice blend) to make these vinegar glazed roasted potatoes.
And I am telling you these are some of the BEST potatoes I’ve ever had.
Crispy potatoes flavored with the unique spice blend – full of roasted garlic, orange peel, black pepper, espresso, cumin, mexican oregano, meyer lemon peel, lime peel, and coriander. Tossed in a silky glaze made of reduced apple cider vinegar, honey, and butter. Then served on top of creamy mascarpone cheese.
All of the spices mixed with the simplicity of the sweet + tangy glaze makes for the most delicious combination. Plus, the crispy potato and creamy mascarpone combo is absolutely addicting.
The potatoes are really easy to prepare and toss in the spices, then while they’re in the oven roasting, you can prepare the glaze. The vinegar just takes about 15 minutes to reduce. It all comes together really easily, yet tastes like one of the most luxurious dishes thanks to the mascarpone.
I truly cannot get enough of these, and am so excited for you to try them!Print
Vinegar Glazed Roasted Potatoes with Mascarpone
crispy + spiced potatoes roasted and tossed in a sweet vinegar glaze over top creamy mascarpone cheese
- 3 ½ lbs red potatoes, scrubbed/dried and quartered
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- 2 tbsp Spice Tribe Mombacho Café (nicaraguan blend)
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the quartered potatoes onto a sheet pan. Drizzle with enough olive oil to coat the potatoes well. Sprinkle a good pinch of salt and the spice blend over top. Use your hands to toss well.
- Spread the potatoes out onto the sheet pan in one even layer, flat-sides facing down. Roast for 1 hour.
- When the potatoes have about 20 minutes left, pour the apple cider vinegar into a small saucepan. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Lower the heat to medium-low and reduce the vinegar for about 12 minutes. Add the honey. Simmer for a few minutes longer. Turn off the heat and whisk in the butter, one tablespoon at a time.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large mixing bowl. Pour most of the glaze into the bowl and toss well. Spread the mascarpone cheese onto a large platter as a base. Mound the potatoes on top of the cheese. Drizzle any extra glaze over top.