How to make my everyday homemade pizza dough. A simple, easy-to-follow recipe that will allow you to make beautiful pizzas!
Making homemade pizzas is one of life’s simplest pleasures. And to do so, you need a really good pizza dough recipe. While using store-bought dough is always a very acceptable option, I love having this homemade pizza dough recipe in my back-pocket for when I’m feeling adventurous…and I think you will, too.
Recipe Ideas for this Homemade Pizza DoughPrint
Homemade Pizza Dough
a simple everyday homemade pizza dough recipe
yield: 28 ounces pizza dough or 4 (7 oz) dough balls
- 1 ¾ tsp dry active yeast
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp warm water
- 453g all-purpose flour
- 225g cold water
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Add the dry active yeast and warm water to a bowl. Whisk to combine. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the flour. Using a dough hook attachment with the speed on low, slowly stream in the ice water and then the yeast mixture. Add the salt and olive oil. Mix on low speed for about 2 minutes (the dough should begin to pull away from the sides of the bowl and form a dough).
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface. Knead for 3-4 minutes. Form the dough into a ball and place in a bowl that’s been coated with a bit of olive oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let sit in a warm place for 1 ½ hours, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Transfer the dough back onto a lightly floured surface and cut the dough into 4 equal pieces. Round the pieces into tight balls and wrap each dough ball in plastic wrap. Chill in the fridge overnight (or up to 3 days).
- When you’re ready to make pizza, let the dough balls sit out at room temperature for about 30 minutes, or until soft enough to stretch.