Super Bowl ready with these roasted honey buffalo chicken wings! An easy chicken wing recipe to kickstart your game day feast in the most delicious way. The wings are quickly marinated in olive oil & spices, then baked up until golden and crisp. They’re tossed in a sweet & spicy honey buffalo sauce then dipped in your pick of ranch or blue cheese dressing. These wings come together so easily and will be devoured in minutes!
roasted honey buffalo chicken wings – the details
These roasted honey buffalo chicken wings are really simple to make and cooked completely in the oven so your game day can be as fun and stress-free as possible.
You’ll quickly coat the wings in olive oil with smoked paprika, granulated garlic, and salt. After marinating for just 30 minutes, they go right onto a sheet pan (you’ll want to layer the sheet pan with a rack so that the heat can circulate around the wings and crisp them on all sides as they cook) and into the oven.
In just about a half an hour, you’ve got golden, delicious wings ready to go.
A quick sweet & spicy sauce gets cooked on the stovetop as they bake – a combo of buffalo sauce (your choice of mild or hot), honey, apple cider vinegar, and butter. Whisked up until silky smooth and used to coat the wings until they’re dripping in sauce.
The key? Eat these wings immediately so they’re as fresh and crisp as possible. I love drizzling them with a little extra honey over top. Especially if you’re using hot buffalo sauce compared to mild, the sweetness is a nice contrast.
And of course, no chicken wing would be complete without a dipping sauce – use ranch or blue cheese, whichever is your favorite!Print
Roasted Honey Buffalo Chicken Wings
roasted chicken wings tossed in a sweet & spicy honey buffalo sauce
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 (12 oz) bottle mild or hot buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup honey, plus more to drizzle
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- ranch or blue cheese dressing, for serving
- Combine the chicken wings, olive oil, smoked paprika, granulated garlic, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Toss to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Prepare a parchment-lined half sheet pan with a baking rack over top. Place the wings onto the rack in an even layer.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Lower the oven heat to 400°F. Bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the hot buffalo sauce, honey, butter, and apple cider vinegar in a saucepan over low heat. Heat until the butter is melted, whisking to combine. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- When the wings come out of the oven, toss them with the buffalo sauce, green onions, and parsley. Serve immediately, with an extra drizzle of honey over top and a bowl of ranch or blue cheese dressing alongside for dipping.