This whipped feta dip is equally delicious as it is beautiful. Creamy, salty feta cheese is blended up into a dip and topped with a bright, herby cucumber salad. It’s rich, yet refreshing at the same time. Ready to be swooshed up by crunchy pita chips.
whipped feta dip – the details
This whipped feta dip is a great last-minute appetizer if you’re feeding a crowd. The first thing you’ll want to do is make the cucumber salad.
It’s a mixture of cucumbers & green onions, tossed with plenty of fresh herbs (parsley, chives, and dill). Dressed simply in olive oil and lemon juice, this is such a refreshing topping for the feta.
Let the cucumbers marinate for about 30 minutes for all of the vibrant flavors to meld together.
In the meantime, whip up the dip! Feta and greek yogurt are blended together in a food processor. A little olive oil helps everything along and cuts the sharp, salty flavor of the cheese.
It may take a minute for the feta to get blending – simply scrape down the sides and continue until it starts to smooth out.
As soon as it’s creamy, it’s good to go. If you process too long, the mixture may thin out too much and become watery.
To serve, I like to spread the dip on a large plate and top it with some of the cucumber salad. You can serve the rest of the salad on the side, plus plenty of pita chips for dipping.
This would also make a great spread for a sandwich or tucked into a pita!
Simple and so tasty.Print
Whipped Feta Dip with Cucumber Salad
a creamy whipped feta dip topped with an herby cucumber salad and served with pita chips
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 lb feta cheese
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- Combine the cucumber, green onions, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, chives, and dill in a mixing bowl. Toss to combine. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Add the feta cheese, greek yogurt, and remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Serve the feta dip with the cucumber salad over top or on the side. Serve pita chips for dipping.