Savoring the last bit of summer with this grilled chicken & corn salad! It’s a vibrant, extremely delicious salad full of different flavors and textures. There’s peppery arugula, the grilled chicken & corn, sweet cherry tomatoes, salty olives, red onion, crumbled feta cheese, roasted pistachios, and a creamy dill dressing. Topped with crispy breadcrumbs, this is definitely a special salad to celebrate the end of the season.
Grilled Chicken & Corn Salad with Creamy Dill Dressing
a summer salad with arugula, grilled chicken & corn, cherry tomatoes, olives, red onion, feta cheese, pistachios, a creamy dill dressing, and crispy breadcrumbs
- 4 oz crusty bread, cut into smaller pieces (baguette, sourdough, ciabatta, etc.)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup fresh dill leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- ½ cup olive oil, plus more as needed
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ears of corn
- 2 oz (or 2 large handfuls) fresh arugula
- 1 pt cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup halved castelvetrano olives
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup roasted, salted pistachios, roughly chopped
- Preheat the grill with one side over high heat and the other side over medium heat.
- Add the bread to a food processor. Pulse until crumbs are formed. Transfer the breadcrumbs to a bowl and set aside. Wipe out the food processor.
- Add the basil, dill, garlic, and lemon zest to a food processor. Pulse until chopped. Add the lemon juice, red pepper flakes, greek yogurt, and olive oil. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken breasts and a ¼ cup of the dressing to a bowl. Toss to coat. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a 12” cast iron skillet onto the grill over high heat. Add enough olive oil to coat the bottom. Once the oil is hot, add the breadcrumbs. Cook for 5 minutes or so, stirring often, until browned and crisp. Transfer the breadcrumbs to a plate lined with a paper towel. Season well with salt.
- Oil the grates of the grill. Place the chicken onto the grill over high heat. Cook for about 2 minutes per side until a crust forms. Transfer the chicken to medium heat. Place the corn (in their husks) onto the grill over high heat. Close the grill and cook for 10 minutes, flipping the chicken and corn halfway through (the chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F – continue cooking if needed).
- Transfer the chicken and corn to a cutting board. Let the chicken rest while you remove the husks from the corn. Cut the corn off the cob. Slice the chicken.
- Add the arugula, corn, cherry tomatoes, olives, red onion, feta, and pistachios to a large mixing bowl. Add about ¾ of the dressing. Toss to combine.
- Serve the salad with the chicken over top. Spoon the remaining dressing over the chicken. Finish with the breadcrumbs.