a classic, simple summer plum galette served with melty ice cream over top
1. Add the flour, sugar, and salt to a food processor. Pulse until combined.
2. With the processor running, gradually add the cold butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Stream in the cold water. The dough should come together and pull away from the sides.
4. Transfer the dough to a clean surface and shape into a disk. Wrap with plastic wrap and chill for 45 minutes.
1. Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a sheet pan with a piece of parchment paper.
2. Combine the sliced plums with both sugars, the cornstarch, lemon zest, and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl. Gently toss until well mixed. Let sit for about 20 minutes until the sugars are dissolved.
3. Meanwhile, let the chilled dough sit out at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes until soft enough to roll out. Working on a floured surface, roll out the dough to about a 12-inch circle.
4. Transfer the dough to the sheet pan. Arrange the plums in the center, leaving a 1-inch boarder. Fold the edges up and over the plum filling.
5. Whisk together the egg yolk and milk to make an “egg wash”. Brush the edges with the egg wash and then sprinkle the raw sugar on top.
6. Bake the galette for 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the fruit is bubbling. Let cool for about 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with ice cream.