Something to make your mornings much, much better: the ultimate scrambled egg breakfast. This is the perfect complete morning meal made of soft scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, roasted potatoes & caramelized onions, jammy toast, and a flavorful herb sauce. It’s a simple meal, but definitely the kind of breakfast that will make you feel like you’re indulging.
With so many of us working from home every day now, I’m thinking our breakfasts could use a little spruce up. I’m so excited to share my ultimate scrambled egg breakfast. It’s everything you could want on a plate in the morning…nothing more, nothing less.
I figured we needed something exciting to start off our days on the right note. And trust me, this breakfast will absolutely do just that. It’s healthy, satisfying, and SO incredibly delicious. It’s got all of the essentials, plus a very tasty herb sauce to bring it all together.
what’s included in the ultimate scrambled egg breakfast?
- Softly scrambled eggs in a little bit of butter and seasoned with a pinch of salt…simple + delicious.
- Crispy bacon. Because what would a scrambled egg breakfast be without bacon?
- Fingerling potatoes & spring onions that roast on the same pan as the bacon…resulting in golden, crispy potatoes with irresistible onion and bacon flavor.
- A simple herb sauce made of parsley, chives, red wine vinegar, and olive oil to spoon over the eggs and potatoes. Just these few ingredients completely transform the breakfast into something special.
- And last but not least, toasted sourdough bread with a slathering of softened butter and sweet jam.
The recipe makes a breakfast for two, but you can easily make this for any amount of people by cutting the recipe in half, or scaling it up. And if you’re making this over the weekend…I’d highly suggest swapping the toast for these lemon ricotta pancakes to really complete the spread!
So incredibly perfect. I hope this meal brings a little brightness to your morning!Print
The Ultimate Scrambled Egg Breakfast
the ultimate scrambled egg breakfast – soft scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, roasted potatoes & caramelized onions, jammy toast, and an herb sauce to bring it all together
- ¾ lb mixed fingerling potatoes, scrubbed + halved
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- 4 strips raw bacon
- 2 small spring onions (or 2 small shallots), thinly sliced
- ½ cup packed parsley leaves, minced
- 1 tbsp minced chives
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- softened butter & jam
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the potatoes onto a half sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Spread the potatoes out into an even layer on one half of the pan, halved-side down. Season with a good pinch of salt. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Evenly distribute the sliced spring onions over the potatoes. Drizzle with a little more olive oil. Lay the bacon strips out onto the other half of the pan. Continue to roast for 20 more minutes, or until the potatoes are golden and tender & the bacon is crisp.
- Meanwhile, combine the parsley, chives, vinegar, and olive oil in a small bowl. Mix well and season with a pinch of salt.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl. Right before the potatoes and bacon are done, heat a 10” nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and let melt. Whisk the eggs vigorously until foamy. Add them to the skillet. Drop the heat to low and gently cook the eggs until softly scrambled, using a wooden spoon to make “ripples” in the eggs as they cook. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Plate the eggs and potatoes with a generous spoonful of the herb sauce over top. Season with freshly cracked black pepper. Serve with the bacon and jammy, buttered toast alongside.