Spring toast three different ways, each one involving a really delicious combination of flavors. The bread is toasted in olive oil until golden brown, then loaded with simple toppings. We’ve got a jam & prosciutto ricotta toast, avocado toast with browned butter sesame seeds, and burrata toast with radishes and arugula pesto!
spring toast – the details
I’ve got three different spring-inspired toasts to share with you, all unique and all delicious. They’re fresh, simple, and each one their own fun flavor combination.
Jam & Prosciutto – creamy ricotta cheese, sweet strawberry jam, salty prosciutto, bright lemon zest, and a drizzle of olive oil
Avocado & Sesame – smashed avocado, a browned butter sesame seed mixture with crushed red pepper and chives, a squeeze of lemon, and lots of fresh herbs
Burrata & Pesto – indulgent burrata cheese, crisp radishes, and spoonfuls of my go-to herby arugula pesto
Excited for you to give these toasts a try! You can make all three, or just pick your favorite one and go with that. They’re all SO delicious…truly cannot pick which I like best!
If you’re looking for more toast recipes, here are a few to try:
Lemony Mushroom Mascarpone Toast with Beans & Herbs
Herby Egg Salad On Toast
Caramelized Brussels Sprout Toast with Burrata & Bacon
Spring Toast Three Ways
spring toast three different ways: ricotta + strawberry jam + prosciutto, avocado + sesame brown butter + herbs, burrata + radishes + pesto
yield: 12 pieces of toast
Toast *recipes below each for 4 slices of bread*
- 12 pieces crusty fresh bread (sourdough, italian, etc.), sliced ¾” thick
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- flaky sea salt, for finishing all toasts
Jam & Prosciutto
- ½ cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- ½ cup strawberry jam
- 2 oz thinly sliced prosciutto
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- olive oil
Avocado & Sesame
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp minced chives
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted
- ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh herbs (dill, chervil, etc.)
Burrata & Pesto
- 1 ball burrata cheese
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- ½ batch arugula pesto
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add enough olive oil to generously coat the bottom. Once hot, work in batches to toast the bread, about 1 minute per side, adding more olive oil as needed. Watch the heat and adjust between medium-low and medium-high as needed. Transfer the bread to a sheet pan and season with a pinch of salt.
- Jam & Prosciutto: Spread the ricotta onto the toast. Dollop the strawberry jam and arrange the prosciutto over top. Top with the lemon zest and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Avocado & Sesame: Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add the butter and let melt. Continue to cook until the butter is browned and fragrant. Turn off the heat and stir in the sesame seeds, crushed red pepper, and chives. Smash the avocado onto the toast. Top with spoonfuls of the sesame seed butter, a squeeze of lemon, and the fresh herbs.
- Burrata & Pesto: Break the burrata and arrange it on the toast. Season with freshly cracked black pepper. Top with the radishes and generous spoonfuls of arugula pesto.
- Finish all toasts with a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
shop the dish: spring toast with three ways