Excited to share these simple strawberry vanilla bean pancakes with you, just in time for the weekend! It’s a simple pancake batter with rich vanilla bean flavor, poured onto a hot griddle, topped with slices of fresh strawberries, and cooked until golden brown. Serve with warm maple syrup for the best springtime breakfast!
My go-to pancakes are without a doubt these lemon ricotta pancakes. They’re the most popular recipe on the blog, and I can totally see why. Light, fluffy, sweet, and so irresistible.
But sometimes you need to change it up. And right now, I’m loving using all the spring strawberries. They’re juicy, really sweet, and make the most beautiful addition to these vanilla bean pancakes. Perfect recipe to cook up on a lazy weekend morning and enjoy with a cup or two of hot coffee, maybe lounging on the couch with a good book, with a few candles lit. Pretty perfect weekend scene if you ask me.
strawberry vanilla bean pancakes – the details
There’s really not much to this recipe. I love how quickly these come together, with no special equipment, and just a few simple ingredients that you probably have on hand right now. You’ll mix up your dry items, then the wet (which includes the really lovely vanilla bean paste for beautiful flavor), combine the two, and you’ve got your batter.
I always cook my pancakes on a hot griddle in melted butter. I think that butter really provides the best flavor compared to cooking them in oil. After you ladle your vanilla bean pancake batter, you’ll arrange the sliced strawberries right over top. When you go ahead and flip the pancakes, the strawberries will kind of caramelize on the bottom and create the MOST beautiful pattern.
Serve these strawberry-side up with a little more butter and warm maple syrup over top.Print
Strawberry Vanilla Bean Pancakes
simple and comforting pancakes bursting with fresh strawberries and rich vanilla bean flavor
yield: approximately 10-12 pancakes
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla paste
- 1 ¼ cup whole milk
- 4 tbsp butter, melted (plus more for cooking)
- 1 lb strawberries, stemmed + thinly sliced
- warm maple syrup, for drizzling
- Add the all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in the vanilla paste and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. Stir in the melted butter.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat. Add a couple tablespoons of butter and let melt. Working in batches, ladle the batter onto the surface in even circles. Arrange the sliced strawberries over the top of each pancake.
- Cook on one side until golden brown and bubbles begin to form. Flip the pancakes and finish cooking on the other side. Keep the pancakes warm as you finish cooking the rest of the batter.
- Serve the pancakes with more butter and warm maple syrup drizzled over top.
shop the dish: strawberry vanilla bean pancakes