This simple roasted halibut recipe will become your new go-to seafood dinner for a busy weeknight! The fish is seasoned simply and topped with slices of garlic before getting roasted in the oven. Then topped with a zesty, herby relish of roasted red peppers & olives for a bright finish. Just add your favorite easy sides and dinner is complete.
roasted halibut – the details
We could all use more healthy weeknight meals that come together effortlessly, and this roasted halibut fits that description exactly.
The halibut starts in the oven with a simple coating of olive oil, salt, black pepper, and sliced garlic. You’ll want to make sure to slice the garlic as thin as you can since the fish takes no time at all to roast.
In the meantime, mix together a simple relish of roasted red peppers (just buy a jar, transfer a couple of the red peppers out, pat them dry, and dice them up), castelvetrano olives (which are simply the best), and lots of flavor – lemon zest & juice, fresh parsley, a little honey for sweetness, and crushed red pepper for heat.
I like to spoon the relish over the halibut before it’s last few minutes of cooking so it can heat through. The result is a juicy, extremely fresh topping that mixes with the olive oil and creates a sauce as well.
It’s beyond light and really refreshing…the perfect recipe to add to your dinner rotation as we transition into spring! You can add on simple sides like buttery, herby rice and some roasted vegetables.
Or, if you’re looking for more exciting side dishes, I’d recommend doing this spring pea risotto and root vegetable salad with pistachio vinaigrette.Print
Roasted Halibut with Red Pepper & Olive Relish
simply roasted halibut topped with a zesty, herby roasted red pepper & olive relish
- 4 (6 oz) skinless halibut fillets
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup diced roasted red peppers
- ½ cup halved castelvetrano olives
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- flaky sea salt
- fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the halibut into a 9×13” baking dish. Drizzle generously with olive oil and rub to coat both sides. Season with salt and black pepper. Arrange the sliced garlic over top. Roast for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the roasted red peppers, olives, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, honey, and crushed red pepper to a small mixing bowl. Toss well to combine.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven. Spoon the red pepper mixture over the fish. Transfer back to the oven and continue to roast for 2-3 more minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and the relish is heated.
- Top with a pinch of flaky sea salt, fresh basil leaves, and any extra parsley leaves.