Putting a spin on traditional guacamole with this creamy avocado dip! It’s bright and flavorful, with a grilled corn salad and crumbled cotija cheese piled on top. Perfect for scooping up with tortilla chips and getting a little of everything in one bite. Bold + fresh flavors that are so wonderful for summer. Eat this as a fun snack or serve it alongside some grilled fajitas or tacos!
There’s nothing I love more in the summer than sitting down to a big bowl of guacamole. If you’re like me, you crave it all the time. There’s just something so satisfying about it.
I wanted to switch things up and make a slightly different version. The result was this flavorful avocado dip, full of all your guacamole suspects – garlic, jalapeno, lime – and made extra creamy with the addition of some greek yogurt. You don’t really taste the yogurt, but it helps give the dip a subtle tang and really smooth texture.
I made this to go along with one of our recent Sunday dinners, and instead of just serving the avocado dip, I wanted some texture on top. Something a little special to scoop up with every bite. The grill was on so I threw a few ears of corn right in their husks over the flames. After just a few minutes, they’re nice and tender. Ready to be husked and thrown back onto the grill for a quick char.
The rest of the salad comes together really easily – some sliced shallot, lots of fresh cilantro + basil, a little honey, lime, and a splash of oil. Both the avocado dip and grilled corn salad are great on their own, but I love combining everything in one big bowl (with lots of tortilla chips alongside) and getting a little taste of everything in one bite.Print
Avocado Dip with Grilled Corn Salad
a creamy avocado dip flavored with lime, jalapeño, and garlic, topped with a simple grilled corn salad, and served with tortilla chips
- 4 ears corn, in their husks
- 1 small shallot, very thinly sliced
- ¼ cup packed cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup packed basil leaves, torn
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 limes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- kosher salt
- 4 ripe avocados, peeled + pitted
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 small jalapeño, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- ¼ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- tortilla chips, for serving
- Heat the grill over high heat. Once hot, place the corn in their husks over the flames. Cover the grill and cook for about 6 minutes until tender. Remove the corn and when cool enough to handle, remove the husks.
- Place the corn back over the flames just for a minute or two to develop a quick char on all sides. Transfer the corn to a cutting board and allow to cool. Cut the kernels off.
- Transfer the grilled corn kernels to a mixing bowl. Add the shallot, cilantro, basil, honey, juice of 1 lime, and vegetable oil. Mix well and season with salt to taste.
- Add the avocado, garlic, jalapeño, greek yogurt, juice of 2 limes, and a ½ tsp of kosher salt to the bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Plate the avocado dip in a shallow bowl with the corn salad over top. Garnish with the cotija cheese. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping!
shop the dish: avocado dip with grilled corn salad