Easy roasted carrots with tahini pomegranate sauce – a flavorful mix of tahini, pomegranate molasses, lemon, and vinegar. Topped with creamy goat cheese, fresh pomegranate seeds, and lots of herbs. This is the very best recipe to throw together if you need an impressive side dish for entertaining, or just something really flavorful to spice up your weeknights!
roasted carrots with tahini pomegranate sauce – the details
These roasted carrots could not be simpler…or more flavorful! The carrots are roasted with olive oil, salt, and black pepper, along with some wedges of red onion that get deeply caramelized and add a nice onion bite to the dish.
While the vegetables roast, you’ll whip up the creamy tahini sauce that’s rich and nutty in flavor, with a subtle sweetness from the pomegranate molasses, and a little tangy from a splash of red wine vinegar and lemon.
All that’s left to do is drizzle the sauce over the carrots and add LOTS of toppings – crumbled goat cheese (feta would be great, too), juicy pomegranate seeds for a crunch, and some chives + mint. It’s one of those dishes that appears to be complicated, but really is so simple in preparation.
I’d serve them alongside this crispy turmeric chicken for a dinner packed with fun flavor, Or, they’d be great alongside some seared steaks, maybe with a serving of herbed mac and cheese to complete the winter meal!Print
Roasted Carrots with Tahini Pomegranate Sauce
simple roasted carrots & red onions drizzled with a tahini pomegranate sauce, topped with goat cheese and mint
- 2 bunches (about 2 lbs) long rainbow carrots, scrubbed
- 1 red onion, peeled + cut into ½” wedges
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 small handful mint leaves, torn
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Slice any larger carrots in half (or quarters) lengthwise, leaving the smaller ones whole, so that all the carrots are roughly the same size. Divide the carrots and red onion wedges between two sheet pans.
- Drizzle with a generous coating of olive oil and toss well. Spread the vegetables out into an even layer so they have space to brown. Season well with salt and black pepper. Roast for 35-40 minutes, or until tender and caramelized.
- Meanwhile, combine the tahini, pomegranate molasses, lemon zest, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, water, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Arrange the carrots and onions on a large platter. Drizzle with the tahini sauce. Top with the crumbled goat cheese, pomegranate seeds, chives, and mint.
shop the dish: roasted carrots with tahini pomegranate sauce