So very excited to be sharing this warm farro salad today! It’s full of roasted red peppers & green onions, arugula, crisp radishes, fresh chives, and a hot honey vinaigrette. Served warm and topped with creamy burrata cheese. It’s the most delicious combination of flavors and textures that will be on repeat in your kitchen for weeks to come!
This recipe is made in partnership with Bob’s Red Mill.
warm farro salad – the details
I of course love all of the recipes that I share here on the blog, but some are just more special than others. Ones that you simply cannot stop eating even after two or three servings. This warm farro salad is exactly that kind of recipe.
It is really simple to make, yet hits all the right flavor notes to make it irresistibly delicious. I’m using my go-to farro from Bob’s Red Mill that’s nutty, chewy, and really nutritious.
It’s the perfect grain to turn into a warm salad and definitely one to try if you’ve never cooked it before!
While the farro cooks, you’ll have some red peppers and green onions roasting in the oven until charred and tender…giving the salad a nice smoky flavor.
The vinaigrette is a mixture of honey, red wine vinegar, and crushed red pepper that’s been simmered gently so the heat from the pepper can infuse its flavor. The result is a simple sweet & spicy vinaigrette that is practically addicting when tossed with the rest of the ingredients.
Some crisp radishes, a handful of arugula for some greens, and lots of fresh chives are all you need to finish the salad off.
Top it all with cold, creamy burrata cheese to mix right in with the warm salad. It is the BEST.
Add an extra drizzle of vinaigrette over top and you’ve got a side dish that everyone will request over and over again…trust me!
If you’re looking for more farro recipes, here are a few favorites:Print
Warm Farro Salad with Burrata & Hot Honey Vinaigrette
a warm farro salad with roasted red peppers & green onions, arugula, radishes, chives, and hot honey vinaigrette, topped with creamy burrata cheese
- 2 red bell peppers, halved + stemmed
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 cup farro, rinsed
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper, plus more for topping
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 green onions, sliced ½”
- 1 large handful arugula
- 4 radishes, thinly shaved on a mandolin
- 2 tbsp minced chives
- 1 ball burrata cheese, torn into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Coat the red peppers with olive oil and place halved-side down onto a sheet pan. Season with a pinch of salt. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Bring about 2 quarts of water to a boil in a small pot. Season with a generous pinch of salt. Add the farro. Bring the water back to a boil, lower the heat to medium, and cook the farro for 30 minutes until tender. Drain when finished.
- Meanwhile, add the red wine vinegar, water, honey, and crushed red pepper to a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat all the way low and let simmer for 15 minutes. Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and cool for about 5 minutes. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Season with salt to taste.
- After 30 minutes, add the green onions to the sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Continue to roast with the red peppers for 10 more minutes. Transfer the peppers to a cutting board, let cool slightly, peel off the skins, and dice into medium-size pieces.
- Add the drained farro, arugula, roasted red peppers & green onions, radishes, 1 tablespoon of chives, and about ¾ of the vinaigrette into a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine. Season with salt to taste.
- Pour the salad into a large serving bowl. Top with the torn burrata cheese, remaining chives, and an extra sprinkle of crushed red pepper if you like heat. Drizzle the remaining vinaigrette over top.
shop the dish: warm farro salad with burrata & hot honey vinaigrette